The purpose of Stillwater Community Chapel is to attract people to a safe environment where they can inquire, meet Jesus Christ, and grow spiritually; equipping them to live spiritually rewarding lives which will impact their families, their community, and the world.
Statement of Faith
- We believe that the Bible is God's Word, that it was written by men divinely inspired and that it is the supreme infallible authority in all matters of faith and conduct
- We believe in God the Father, perfect in holiness, infinite in wisdom, and measureless in power.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, the eternal and only begotten Son of God, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin, sinless in His life, making substitutionary atonement for the sins of the world by His death and shed blood. We believe in His bodily resurrection, His ascension and personal, visible, imminent, pre-millennial return to the world according to His promise
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, who came forth from God to convict the world of sin, of righteousness and judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify and comfort those who believe in Jesus Christ.
- We believe that all men by nature and by choice are sinners, but that "God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." We believe therefore, that those who accept Christ as Lord and Savior will rejoice forever in God's presence and those who refuse to accept Christ as their Lord and Savior will be forever separated from God.
- We believe in the Church, a living spiritual body of which Christ is the Head and of which all regenerated people are members. We believe that a local church is a company of believers in Jesus Christ, baptized on a credible confession of faith, and associated for worship, work and fellowship. We believe that to these local churches were committed, for perpetual observance, the ordinances of baptism and the Lord's table; and that God has laid upon these churches the task of proclaiming to a lost world the acceptance of Jesus Christ as Savior, and the enthroning of Him as Lord and Master. We believe that all human betterment and social improvements are the inevitable by-products of such a Gospel.
- We believe that every human being is responsible to God alone in all matters of faith; that each church is independent and autonomous, and must be free from interference by any ecclesiastical or political authority.